I've been told that providing some "rules" to the forum was expected so here are a few to begin with.
Please Read it and accept it before using the forum:
- There's a post limit for New members. As long as that limit is not reached, all the posts by those "New members" will be submitted to approval by the administrator. This an anti-spam measure. I hope that you understand.
- Also, if the first posts of those "New members" aren't relevant then the account of those "New members" will be deleted without notice. So choose your words and subject of your topics wisely
- Any member creating a new account will have 7 days to post his first message on the board otherwise his account will be deleted.
Joemadart.com forum Terms of Service (TOS) and Guidelines
The Golden Rules
- Most of the Guidelines are geared towards just improving the state of JoeMadArt.com forum through smart tips. Some of these Guidelines are more prohibitive, however, and they function as rules. The rules come in two-forms: the cardinal, and the compulsory.
- The official language of the forum is English. Any post in another language will be removed.
- No trolling. Don't make posts that are inflammatory just to get people riled up. Substance is the key to not being labeled a troll.
- Attack the message, not the messenger. Criticize ideas, not people. Flaming will not be tolerated.
No member is allowed to engage in public personal attacks on any other member.
- Personal attacks are defined as Personal, Racial, Ethnic, and/or Gender based insults, slurs, or derisive comments.
- All complaints need to be communicated privately using either PM, "Report this Post" feature and/or EMail.
In the event of this, the offending post will be edited or removed, and the offending party shall receive no more than two (2) private warnings via PM and/or EMail, and one final Administration warning.
- If the behavior continues, the member will be banned for a week, and upon a repeat incident, banned permanently.
- All we want is a little community kindness and no attacks. Let's all work together to accomplish this, eh?
- No pornographic, sexually offensive, sexually explicit, or objectifying material. Administrator's judgment applies here. Sexually suggestive images will be heavily scrutinized. We'd like for our readers to be able to visit the site and share with friends without fear of retribution.
- Do not post links or requests for warez
- Post in the right forum! If it's a question for Darksiders Genesis, post it in the “Darksiders Genesis (2019)” forum. Even if it's only humor, an observation, if it's about something that we have a forum for, post it there. Resist the temptation to post something off-topic because you think you'll get "better responses" in a particular forum. If you think that a new forum should be created then you can request an administrator to create it.
- Respect the privacy of others. Do not post other's phone numbers, addresses, pictures, etc., without their permission.
- Each JoeMadArt Forum member may have only one account.
- Do not place foul language in thread subjects .
- Blatant advertising of "competing websites" or anything detrimental to JoeMadArt.com, Joe Madureira or everything that Joe could create (Comics, games, company, etc) is not tolerated... that being said discussing what you don't like is authorized as long as it remains respectful and productive.
- And of course, NO SPAMMING. No commercial-oriented posts, and no flooding with useless content.
Finally, remember that we're not the ratings board here. We're not going to give you a PG for four swears and a gunshot, but R for five swears and splattering brains. Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves.
- Use descriptive subject lines and research your post. This reduces the chances of double-posting, and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Also, scan the subjects of the last several days' posts to make sure you aren't duplicating posts. Also, consider what forum your topic should be posted in.
- Restrict the use of excessive foul language. Swearing will not be tolerated on this board at all. Because of the fact that it is a family-oriented site, we need to keep it clean. We aren’t saying you can't express your opinion, but there are ways to do so without swearing.
- No "Am I Hot or Not", "show me your girlfriend." etc. threads. There are several places for that already.
Bottom line: we always give warnings (with the exception of unacceptable posts-sometimes we need to work fast), but we don't necessarily give them more than twice to the same person. If you are disrupting the community, we will take action.
JoeMadArt forum signature guidelines:
We have come up with some general signature guidelines, and these will be enforced.
If you are seen violating these guidelines you will be asked once privately to change your signature. If you fail to comply, we will change it for you. These guidelines should be easy to understand and easy to follow. Thanks for your understanding in this matter, and have a nice day.
- Signatures will be no longer than 5 lines (Or equivalent height for images).
- Signatures may contain a link to your personal site.
- Signatures should not "flicker" with flashy colors and speedy animations
- Signatures are expected to follow the same guidelines as posts, which means no flaming, no swearing, no personal attacks, and no adult material.